I'm also removing the "square in a square" block in the middle, leaving them in the four outer corners only. I think they make the whole thing a bit too busy. Or... perhaps leave them in and changes only the "geese," and that may be the final change. I'm just excited to get the pattern written.
|I forgot! This tiny quilt was finished Friday, complete with my one error! I really didn't notice it until the quilting was almost done. So... I'm human, and it's staying this way to remind me of that.|
|Invasion of Sunbonnet Sue! I found these blocks while going through my bins.|
|My newest quilt|
|I cut strips all afternoon yesterday|
While going through my bins yesterday, I came upon a bundle of purple prints. Most of them were scraps from dresses I made my daughter when she was little. She loved purple! After assessing the scraps, it seemed a 2.5" strip would be the best use of the pieces. There were also some minty green pieces with lavender accents, so that became a secondary color. I love the results! Above you can see the first two blocks of the new project. I'm planning on making two of these crib size quilts: one to sell, and one to add to my "grandma's chest" where I keep special items I sew.