By Holly Field Design

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Red Star

Hello everyone!  It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week!    The mood to get busy and quilt has finally struck again.  I've been piecing every day, but only for about 45 minutes.  I've been at it all day today! 

 I finished piecing this Lone Star, and am contemplating what to do with the corners & side triangles.  I'm leaning toward applique, but have considered some smaller paper pieced stars floating on a background. But for now, I'm stuck in contemplation.


  My attention has also been on knitting.  More specifically the new edition of  Jane Austen Knits from the Interweave Store.  You can download a copy or order a paper magazine from their site.  They have out done themselves again with this edition.  I chose a heirloom baby bonnet to knit first, and am loving it!  I'm nearly finished with the main body, just have trim/lace edging to knit. 
My knitting companions have been the ladies of Cranford. "The BBC drama adapted from Elizabeth Gaskell's classic novels of small town gossip, secrets and romance. In Cranford, a market town in the North West of England, follow the adventures of Miss Matty and Miss Deborah, two middle-aged spinster sisters striving to live with dignity in reduced circumstances."  I know it doesn't sound very interesting, but I get caught up in the story of their lives, and what's going to happen next.  For some reason, in Cranford the ratio of men to women is very low, so the ladies basically run the village.  Sounds like a good idea to me!

My mind is still struggling with the corners & triangles.  Initially I thought I'd use this floral and finish it up nice and easy.   I could do that and add a pieced border with the darker red as the main focus....  okay.... enough of this for today!  Going to knit & ponder!  ttfn

Blog Archive