By Holly Field Design

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Beautiful Day For Anything....

I have a confession...  it involves my plentiful stash, and continuing to put by  enough French General fabric to make quilts with it forever!  I recently posted about this fabric, but my mind is obsessed with these colors.  The richness of this turkey red is unmatched by competitors.  Others try, and I look, but this is what I buy. Actually, I have a list of quilts to make with various lines of French General, and corresponding sticky notes on the intended fabric.  Crazy I know....  but I love it.

Right now I'm waiting for some jelly rolls to arrive.  I'm planning a braid style quilt, in rows, and perhaps using an older line such as the great borders from Maison Garance between the braid rows.  I can hardly wait to get started.
 This morning I tried very hard to ignore the beautiful weather today, and start right in sewing, but the weather outside won.  Fall is in full swing here in Indiana, so I grabbed my camera and started walking.
I love to stand under the trees and shoot pics, sometimes squirrels will run through the shot!
Fall colors always inspire me to pull out my basket of Fall colored fabric.  Over the weekend I got busy and made a few table runners for gifts.

The small blocks in this piece are paper pieced from Carol Doaks book.  They work up very quickly.

Small Quilts also make great seasonal wall hangings, or even look great draped across the top of a sofa or chair.
  Sometimes, I get my scissors, and just start cutting fabric, and end up with something like this table runner.  There was no plan, except to attempt something that looked like a sunflower.  I'm not sure I succeeded, but it is colorful, and sometimes it's fun to just pretend fabric is paper, and cut, fuse, sew!  ttfn....
                                                             

Blog Archive