By Holly Field Design

Thursday, September 13, 2012

French General's New Fall Collection!

French General's new line, Chateau Rouge, will be released very soon!  I have pre-cut charm packs flying to me via Priority Mail as I write!

My fabric storage racks are heavy with stacks of the past French General lines, and have to seriously talk to myself in order to cut into a piece.  What am I saving them for?  haha  (am I the only one who does this?)

I do love the deep reds in this new line, and am getting used to the gray/linen colors combined with red.  I tend to be a red & white lover, but the gray adds a nice depth to a red quilt.  The mustard color is real interesting.  I love adding "cheddar" to quilts, but this is more like "gouda"!  I can't wait to play with this color.

If you haven't visited the French General blog, The Warp and the Weft, check it out!  There are always interesting things to read.  If I still lived in California, I'd be going to their Woad Workshop!  So interesting, and the deep blue color is amazing!

I made good progress yesterday, finishing up the blocks for my red & blue quilt.  I hope to get them sewn together, and into the quilting frame today!  My old Singer 301 has been purring since getting her cleaning and oiling after the last quilt!  I just love that machine!  ttfn

Blog Archive