By Holly Field Design

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Finally Back!

Quaker Haven
Hello!  Please forgive the lack of posting lately!  Life has been so busy for several weeks now.

I was headed to Quaker Haven for quilt retreat last time I posted.  We had a wonderful time of sewing & fellowship.  It's always so fun to reconnect with friends, and see their quilting projects.  The first evening always includes a "show & tell" time when each quilter shares a completed project or two.  It's always one of my favorite parts of the weekend. 
Last Supper Quilt, At Lolly's Fabric Shop, Shipshewana, Indiana
There was also the long awaited trip into Shipshewana, and shopping at the local fabric shops.  Lolly's is a favorite and has one of the largest selection of quilting cotton I've ever seen.  The quilt above was arranged by a 2nd grade school class, then sewn by their teacher.  Each piece in the mosaic is 1/2 inch finished size.  After children completed their daily work, they were allowed to work on the quilt.  I have misplaced my information  on the quilt & maker, but wanted to share this amazing quilt.
My favorite room at Lolly's -  Most of the solid colored fabric
 I can never leave Lolly's without adding to my solid fabric stash.  I always have a hard time picking out colors to take home!  I'm currently working on a pineapple quilt inspired by this trip.
Cupboard full of Kaffe Fassett fabrics!  Wonderful colors!


This is part of the SALE ROOM at Lolly's.  All of this fabric is on sale or discontinued.  I could spend the entire day right here, putting together colors for quilts!  It's a great place to find fabric that most shops are out of.  The boat is a life size boat, and is full of fat quarters.  

 What a contrast, huh?  I love this photo.  It was taken in the parking lot of Yoder's Department Store.  

I have been sewing and working at the quilting frame.  I'll show you my latest project in my next post.  I hope the weather is as beautiful at your house as it is at mine!

Blog Archive