By Holly Field Design

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Quiet Sunday... sort of!

It's been a very nice, Sunday around here.  I've been privileged to have had a private concert of my husband's favorite music from the 80's with him featured as the main soloist!  As I write this, I hear we've transitioned into mello instrumental/rock, more suitable for evening listening!  :)  Thank you honey.
:)
So... I've continued to work on my red & white blocks from the "Just Takes 2" quilt along.  You can get more info, and download the 4th installment HERE.

I'm behind on this project, having 2 more blocks to finish before starting the 4th installment.  I do love how the blocks are turning out though.  Unless I've missed something, we don't know how the finished quilt will look once assembled.  So, I will keep plugging along here...

Anyone else out there love Amazon.com?  I LOVE browsing the books, among other things.  It's also great for seeing what newly published quilting books are out there. 

I just ordered this book, "Amish Quilts and the Welsh Connection".  Kathie over at Inspired by Antique Quilts recommended it earlier in the week.  It sounds like more story than patterns, just what I like.

Can you see the thread shelf (one of them) ?  The old, wooden utensil trays are perfect for small item display, like for thread!  I hammer a small brass picture holder onto the center back edge, and instantly have a shelf! Perfect for small places and small items.

I hear my old sewing machine calling my name, so I'd better go!  Back to work.

 I went to a quilting retreat (a while back) and we named our machines....  This is Latte... named for her creamy mocha complexion!  She's my favorite and she knows it!  ttfn

Blog Archive