By Holly Field Design

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday, already???



All basted, and ready to quilt tomorrow!
 Technically, it is Friday, except my Thursday isn't over yet.  It's been one of those days that just go on & on.
It started much earlier for me today, as it was my turn to drive into town for the mail (a 45 minute trip one way).  There were a few errands to run, a stop at the BIG fabric chain store, plus grocery marketing to do.  But I knew my Priority Mail packages were due today, so I really didn't mind the drive today.


There isn't a good quilt shop within 60 miles from home, so I've started buying quilting fabric online.  I was skeptical initially, and did order a few charm packs for samples, but overall, I'm real happy with the fabric I've received.  If there were a quilt shop near by, I would shop there for sure.  I do look forward to my biannual trips to the Amish quilt/fabric shops up in Shipshewana, IN.
 


I found these adorable Tasha Tudor illustration prints on ebay.  Tasha Tudor has been one of my favorites for a long time, and when I found these prints, well... you know,  I just had to have them!  If you are unfamiliiar with Tasha Tudor you can read all about her ... HERE   I need to make quilts for twin baby girls (due to arrive very soon), and these cute, very girly prints gave me the motivation to get started!



I've been playing around with the idea of making double Irish Chain quilts in pinks and cream, and using fussy cuts of the scenes in the alternate open areas.  A simple pattern like that would sew up quickly.  Which is a plus, because I want to knit sweaters and bonnets too.  Honestly, I can't wait to get started!  Baby items always turn out so cute. 



I will end today with photos of a few more Priority Mail deliveries....  mostly just restocking the stash.  You know it must be done occassionally! 

I have had red on the brain since starting the Just Takes 2 quilt along.  I've been hunting down red and white prints.  The two red on cream prints are from different French General Moda lines.


The fabric below are Kansas Trouble prints, also from different lines.  I am dying to start cutting strips and fussy cuts tonight, but it's way too late for that. 

I know there will be dreams of quilts tonight.  Does anyone else dream of sewing/quilting too?  Sleep seems like a huge waste of time to me.  Wouldn't it be great if we didn't need to sleep?  Imagine all the quilts we could make then! 

I'll save the rest of my "restocksing the stash" photos for another day.  ttfn


Blog Archive