By Holly Field Design

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Day

It's been a dark snowy day here.  Lacking any motivation, I finally found some in a large mocha latte!  It's amazing the difference a large dose of caffeine can make.  Sometimes, it's just what one needs.

I started the project mentioned yesterday. I first heard about it from Sentimental Stitches.  But, there is a webpage for the project.  http://justtakes2.com/about-the-quilt/  You can find all the information there.

I haven't actually followed a pattern for a quilt in a long time. Usually I start with a basic idea for a design, sometimes I draw it out, or sometimes use the computer. Occasionally, I see a great quilt, and set out to make one similar, and usually end up with a quilt that is much different than the original.  However, I have loved following along with the directions.  It's so relaxing not to be thinking about what I should do next.  Plus, I've wanted to start a Dear Jane quilt for years, and this will be good practice.  I haven't appliqued blocks by hand in a long time, so this will be good practice.

To the right, you see a very neat cutting mat that was a gift from a fellow camper at my last quilt retreat.  I'd never even thought about buying one, but have found it's the perfect tool to use for this project.  It's quite handy for squaring up blocks and aligning corners, etc...
I'm going to try and get a few more blocks finished before I get sleepy!
ttfn 

No comments:

Blog Archive