By Holly Field Design

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pillow Covers.... a quick pillow facelift.

 Last night i was inspired to give my pillows a face lift.  I have huge plans to make some to keep, and make some to sell in my Etsy shop.

The first one is done up in patriotic red, blue and tea-stained white.  I think this one is destined for someone else's home.  I love the red, but not with the blue.  I'm thinking red, brown and tea-stained beige.  I have large persian rugs in the living and dining rooms, so ANY color would work, but I really don't have blue anything.

Back of pillow
 I love making these pillows.  They work up so fast, and after working on large quilts, it is very satisfying to produce something finished in an hour.

I always make an envelope closure.  Each piece of fabric is folded back over to line each side.  Then, depending on the size of pillow form,  the center is over-lapped a few inches.  I also added some iron-on interfacing between each fold - to give stability to the button holes and buttons.

These button holes the very first made with my Designer 1 (gift from my sister).  All I have to say is "AMAZING".  Each and every button hole came out perfect.  I'm not a perfectionist, but this sewing machine makes me look like one.

I'm trying to decide if I stop sewing/posting here and get busy cleaning and vacuuming...... or print out some large mariner compass blocks to paper piece the next pillow cover.   hmmmmmm....  guess my house will wait until tomorrow.

Pillow cover without pillow form

1 comment:

Elizabeth Cat said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! What a lovely blog you have over there, full with gorgeous things and clever ideas!
A pillow within an hour...it took me 2 days to make my 2.:)
By the way, my house is waiting several days for the "tomorrow" to see a vacuum cleaner. We say dust is not a rabbit - won't run away!:)

Blog Archive