By Holly Field Design

Monday, March 14, 2011

New Fabric!

These lovely fabrics arrived in  my mailbox today!  Most of the prints are Amy Butler Soul Blossoms line.  The solids are Kona cottons selected to go with the Soul Blossom prints.  Now I just need to narrow my pattern choices.  So many ways to use these fabrics. 
I made this quilt many years ago...  like 15?  Wow...  long time ago.  I remember watching my kids playing outside and working on this quilt.  It is machine pieced, hand appliqued and hand quilted.  I am giving this quilt to my now grown-up son to hang in his house. 
I haven't posted for awhile as I've been under the weather.  All I've managed is sitting in my chair, watching movies and crocheting!  I had a baggie full of cotton yarn scraps and made all these wash cloths. On the right is the full size pattern which is really a potholder pattern.  I've found all sorts of uses for these little wash cloths.  What I really enjoy from this is making something very useful out of old scraps that most people would throw out! 
Back to the sewing room for me!  I have a new shelving unit and need to reorganize my fabric.  Pictures to follow -- hopefully! ttfn

No comments:

Blog Archive