By Holly Field Design

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Flowers all in a row

This quilt was waiting for a hanging sleeve for a VERY long time, so finally did that today.  I found these hand pieced flower garden blocks years ago in Texas.  They are hand stitched, and very irregular in size.  I loved the colors and patterns in the old sack cloth they are made from, but didn't want to deal with making them fit together with a "path".  I ended up hand sewing them to squares and piecing them together.  I am fairly happy with the results and glad the old blocks are preserved.  I like how it looks in my guest room, which is a bit on the girly side.
I'm off to do some machine quilting while listening to an audio book.  It's amazing how many books one can "read" while doing handwork!  
Pillow made with old hankie and knitted doily. 


No comments:

Blog Archive