By Holly Field Design

Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Helper

This is my kitty, Moochie.  He showed up on my doorstep with his momma, one day when he was a little kitten.  For several months he and his family ate dinner at my house.  They were all very wild, but learned to come when I whistled.  Soon, they were comfortable enough for me to sit on the back step while they ate.  My goal was to catch them all long enough to have them fixed.  One evening, while they were eating, I just reached down and picked up Moochie, and wrapped him in a towel I had in my lap.  He never knew what happened.  I took him inside and he lived 3 days in a carrier, while he became used to me.  He went to the vet,  got checked out and all fixed up.  He earned his name by always looking to mooch a little tidbit.  He is a big baby and very sweet.
Moochie has learned to play fetch like a dog.  He LOVES the pull tabs from milk jugs.  He will go find one when I say "toy", then bring it for me to throw for the next 20 minutes or so.  Each time he brings it back and drops it in my lap, by my feet, or in the middle of my work.   He wants to do this ALL day and half the night.  It is really very cute.
 
So, what does all this have to do with quilting?  Not much, but he is one big distraction to my work.  I have a hard time resisting him.  He isn't suppose to be in my sewing area either.  But we all know how well that works out.  . 

No comments:

Blog Archive