By Holly Field Design

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Using up scraps

  
Scraps...  we all have them.  I am a diligent scrap saver, there are ziplock baggies here that are at least 25 years old.  Last night during one of my insomnia driven late night sewing sessions I found a baggie with 1 1/2" strips of Kaffe Fasset prints.  I think they are at least six to seven years old.  I still love them.  So, I cut Kona chartruse squares, and started piecing these simple blocks.  I ended up with 70.  Not bad for a bag of scraps and 1/2 yard of Kona.  I've been auditioning solids for lattice, and like gray Kona the best, but snow is a near second choice.  Maybe I'll make one of each...  5x7 block baby quilt size quilts.  






I like gray best.  If I'm having trouble choosing fabrics I just take a pic.  The right choice is usually crystal clear in a photo.


No comments:

Blog Archive