By Holly Field Design

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sewing break



I haven't sew this week.  Why?  I don't know.....  I have ideas, I have a lot of fabric, and I have ten books on CD to listen to while I sew.  I've not been creative I suppose.  This can't last too long..... I hope!  One thing I did do, was iron and cut 2 1/2" strips out of a huge stack of stash fabrics.  It's amazing how different fabrics look, once cut into strips.  The old 80's homespun checks and stripes look totally new when cut up.  I do have plans for these strips....  just no desire to sew right now.  I have been busy knitting though.  I've made two of these:

I found some wonderful Cashmerino yarn in my yarn stash, and have five different colors of this supersoft yarn.  I have listed this hat in my Etsy shop.  We have a new grandbaby on the way, but I'm secretly hoping for a girl, so I will only keep the pink items I knit!

Well, I'm going back to knitting and maybe looking through some old quilt magazines for inspiration to sew.

No comments:

Blog Archive